PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
10 pieces balut, boiled
3 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons cooking oil
¾ cup sliced red onions
½ cup chopped garlic
¾ kilo chicken liver
2 pieces laurel leaves
½ cup dark rum
½ cup vinegar
¾ cup soy sauce
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
Salt, to taste
1. Crack the boiled balut pieces and set aside the soup from inside the eggs.
2. In a pan over medium heat, heat oil and butter. sauté onions and garlic until fragrant and translucent. Add chicken liver and continue sautéing. Season lightly with salt.
3. Add balut and bay leaves. Continue sautéing.
4. Deglaze the pan with dark rum.
5. Add vinegar and boil until the acidity has evaporated.
6. Add soy sauce, chicken broth, and soup from balut, mixing until well combined. Add brown sugar and cracked black pepper then bring to a boil. Serve hot.