Makes 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1 large piece carrot, sliced into strips
1 piece camote, sliced into strips
1/8 cup olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
Salt and pepper to taste
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese for pizza toppings
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. In a large bowl, toss the sliced carrot and camote with the olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
3. Line a tray with baking sheet and arrange the vegetable slices in a single layer. Bake the fries for an hour or until golden brown, turning them every 10 minutes or so. Place on a serving dish.
1. Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Add the flour and mix for 10 minutes or until brown.
2. Pour in the chicken broth. While mixing, add the cornstarch to thicken the gravy. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Place the carrots and camote fries on a serving dish and top with most of the mozzarella cheese. Pour the gravy on the fries and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Serve hot.