PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 2 to 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
½ kilo pork belly (liempo)
1 teaspoon salt
2 pieces bay leaf
5 cups water
7 cups oil
Oil, for frying
1. Rinse the pork belly well a few times. Rub with salt, massaging thoroughly.
2. In a pot over medium heat, place pork, bay leaf, and enough water to cover everything. Boil for 1-2 hours. Remove pork belly.
3. In another pot, combine water and oil and heat over medium-low heat. Place pork belly into the oil and cook for 3 hours. Remove pork to drain.
4. Drain pork belly thoroughly of excess water and slice thinly. Air dry for a few hours.
5. In a pan over medium-high heat, fry the bagnet slices for about a minute until crispy.