Makes 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1 cup bagnet
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
3 packs Hunt’s Pork and Beans original (230 grams)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 piece onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup bacon, chopped
¼ cup each of red, yellow, and green bell pepper, cut into half-inch squares
½ cup chicken or pork stock
¼ cup Hunt’s Pork and Bean sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Reheat bagnet in hot oil for 2 minutes each side. Drain and discard oil.
- Cut bagnet into bitesized pieces. Set aside 1/4 cup.
- Strain and separate the Hunt’s Pork and Beans original flavor. Set aside.
- Heat up pan in medium heat. Add olive oil, onions and garlic and saute until translucent. Add bacon and render fat. Mix in bell peppers and saute for 1 minute, then add chicken stock. Let boil.
- Add in the drained beans and bagnet. Pour in ¼ cup of Hunt’s Pork and Bean sauce Simmer for another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Uncover pan and add remaining bagnet pieces.
- Put in a ceramic stew pot with cover and serve with rice.