Makes 6 to 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
1 whole spring chicken, cut into bitesized pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons seasoning
¼ cup crispy bacon bits
1 ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
1 cup all purpose flour
2 pieces eggs, beaten
50 grams butter
3 cloves garlic
¾ cup chicken stock
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
- On a plate, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and seasoning. Marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Chop bacon and render fat in a heated pan until crispy.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, bacon bits, and peanuts and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour then dip in beaten eggs and cover with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Deep fry for 4 to 5 minutes at 150 Degrees C.
- Place pan over low heat and put in the butter. Saute the garlic until golden brown. Mix in the chicken stock and brown sugar and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter and soy sauce.
- Serve the fried chicken with peanut butter sauce in a big platter.