Home » Asado Pork Chop Ramen
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 2 Servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
½ kilo pork bones or pig’s feet
3 teaspoons salt
4 cups water
1 large onion, chopped
3 bay leaves
½ cup celery stalks
3 pieces leeks, sliced
½ tablespoon peppercorn
2 pcs pork chops
3/8 cup soy sauce, divided
1/8 cup calamansi juice
1/8 cup and 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced and divided
1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup red onions, minced
2 pieces star anise
1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
2 pieces bay leaf
1 ½ tablespoon red onions, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/8 cup ginger, grated
1/2 cup celery, sliced
2 pieces star anise
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 bunch bok choy
1 pack fresh egg noodles
2 eggs, soft boiled and peeled
Nori, cut into strips
Sesame seeds, toasted
1. Combine all ingredients in a pot and boil. Remove scum.
2. Strain and set aside broth and save pork bones or pig’s feet for another dish, as preferred.
1. Combine ¼ cup soy sauce, calamansi juice, 1/2 tablespoon garlic, and cracked black pepper in a bowl. Pour over porkchops and massage well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat and fry marinated porkchops until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
3. In the same pan, sauté 1/8 cup garlic, red onions, and star anise until aromatic. Add 1/8 cup soy sauce, five spice powder, laurel leaves, and 1/2 cup pork broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Return porkchops to the pan and simmer until tender. Add more water if needed. Remove pan from heat, then debone and slice porkchops. Set aside.
1. In a pan, saute onions, garlic, ginger, celery, and star anise over low heat until soft, about a few minutes.
2. Deglaze pan with remaining pork broth. Add soy sauce and brown sugar then bring to a boil.
3. Quickly submerge bok choy and remove from heat once slightly wilted. Cook noodles in soup and transfer to bowl.
4. Pour soup into noodle bowl and garnish with asado porkchops, soft boiled eggs, bok choy, nori, and sesame seeds. Serve hot!