Home » Asado Pancit
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 4 to 6 Servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
1/2 kilo pork kasim, sliced into strips
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup calamansi juice
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons cooking oil
¼ cup garlic, minced
¾ cup red onions, minced
2 pieces star anise
2 pieces bay leaves
½ cup tomatoes, finely chopped
½ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon five spice powder
1 cup pork broth
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 kilo flat rice noodles, soaked in hot water until soft
Oil, for frying
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1. Combine pork, soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, and black pepper in a bowl and massage well. Leave to marinade for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat and quickly fry marinated pork pieces until browned n all sides. Remove from pan.
3. In the same pan, sauté garlic, onions, and star anise until aromatic. Add soy sauce, five spice powder, laurel leaves, and pork broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Return pork pieces to the pan and add cracked black pepper. Simmer until pork is tender. Add more water if needed. Add sugar to taste.
5. Add the soaked noodles (without water) to the pan and toss until noodles are well coated in sauce and warmed through.
1. In a pan over medium heat, sauté garlic in oil until aromatic.
2. Add bok choy and quickly sauté for a few minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan add more oil and fry wonton wrappers on high heat until golden and crispy.
4. Serve sautéed bok choy and crispy wanton wrappers with the asado pancit.