Home » Arroz Caldo Balls
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes about 20 balls
Preparation and cooking time: 3 hours
1/2 cup white onion, minced
¼ cup garlic, minced
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1/2 cup spring onion, minced
4 pieces chicken thigh, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
1/2 cup uncooked malagkit rice, soaked
2 tablespoons kasubha
3 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Quail eggs, boiled
Fine bread crumbs
Chopped spring onion
Chopped fried garlic
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onions, garlic, ginger, and spring onion until fragrant and translucent. Add chicken to brown for a few minutes. Add rice and kasubha then toss to coat and toast.
2. Add the chicken stock and fish sauce then boil for about an hour or so, stirring occasionally until thickened.
3. Once thick, lower the heat stir occasionally until almost dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill.
4. With floured hands, Scoop out some of the Arroz Caldo and flatten it out on your hand. Take a quail egg and place it in the middle of the rice and seal it in, forming a rice ball. Do this until all the Arroz Caldo has been used. Chill until Firm, about 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Dip the Arroz Caldo balls into seasoned flour until well coated. Dip them into the eggs and then breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the Arroz Caldo balls. Chill for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Heat up cooking oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the Arroz Caldo balls until golden brown in color.