Makes 2 to 3 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
500 grams fettuccine
1 piece red onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ cup crab meat
½ cup green peas
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ cups aligue
1 cup cream
½ cup rice wine
1 tablespoon butter
Pinch of sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
2 pieces calamansi, juiced
- Saute onion, garlic and celery in olive oil. Add crab meat next and cook until lightly browned.
- Mix in green peas. Set aside.
- Cook aligue in olive oil until it gets darker and orange oil starts to separate from the crab fat.
- Mix in cream and simmer until slightly reduced.
- Add rice wine next and simmer again for about 5 minutes.
- Add butter. Once it’s melted and well-incorporated, season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix most of the crabmeat into the aligue sauce, leaving some crabmeat for topping. Turn off heat and add the calamansi juice.
- Serve over pasta and top with remaining crab meat.