Home » Adobong Pusit Relleno Bell Peppers
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 mins.
Fried rice filling:
250 grams squid mantle, cleaned and skinned, sliced into discs
squid tentacles, chopped finely
squid ink, set aside
3 tablespoons garlic, chopped finely
4 tablespoons red onions, chopped finely
3 tablespoons tomatoes, deseeded and chopped finely
1 tablespoons siling haba, chopped diagonally
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon salted butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
½ cup vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ cup cooked rice
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 kilo different colored medium sized capsicums (red, green, yellow)
¼ cup olive oil
1/8 cup chopped parsley flakes
2 -3 tablespoons toasted garlic
Fried rice filling:
1. Heat oil and melt butter in pan on burner turned on medium heat. Saute garlic, onions, tomatoes and siling haba.
2. Pour vinegar, and let it boil for about 3- 5 minutes or until vinegar is cooked. Add sugar, soy sauce and squid. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes or until squid is tender but not gummy. Add the squid ink and simmer for about a minute before adding in the cooked rice
3. Stir fry for about 2 – 3 minutes, season with more salt and pepper if needed and take out from pan and set aside to cool.
4. Once rice is aired out mix in half of the grated mozzarella cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Slice the top 1/2 inch from the tops of peppers and cut out the stems from the tops. Cut the core from the inside of the peppers and strip away any seeds. Cut away a very thin slice of pepper from the bottoms so the peppers can stand upright. Poke about 4 tiny holes in the bottoms to let juices drain out.
3. Spoon in the rice mixture in the bell peppers and sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top of each stuffed bell pepper
4. Place the stuffed peppers in baking pan and drizzle olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 – 45 minutes or until pepper is tender and cooked.
5. Take out from oven drizzle with more olive oil garnish with chopped parsley flakes and toasted garlic. (Optional: Serve with garlic mayo)