Makes: 2 – 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 25 – 45 minutes
1/2 kilo pork shoulder, cleaned and cut into cubes
2 tbsp cooking oil
6 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 red onion, chopped
2 large thumbs fresh luyang dilaw, peeled roughly cut into discs and smashed
1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
½ cup vinegar
1 cup water
3 bay leaves
1 tsp whole peppercorns
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tbsp toasted garlic (optional garnish)
1. Heat your oil in a sauce pan placed on medium heat.
2. Saute garlic, onions, luyang dilaw and bay leaves
3. Add in your chicken and season with salt and pepper. Let chicken sear on each side for a minute before turning.
4. Add the rest of your ingredients, vinegar, fish sauce, water, peppercorns and let it simmer for 12 – 15 minutes or until meat is tender and cooked through.
5. When you add the vinegar make sure you do not stir it and let simmer without the cover to properly cook the vinegar.