1/2 kilo pork shoulder, cleaned and cut into cubes
¼ cup cooking oil
1 tbsp atchuete / annatto seeds
6 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
1 tsp whole peppercorns
½ cup vinegar
1 cup water
3 pcs bay leaves
1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tbsp toasted garlic (optional garnish)
1. Heat your annatto oil in a sauce pan placed on medium heat.
2. Saute garlic, onions, and bay leaves
3. Add in your chicken and season with salt and pepper. Let chicken sear on each side for a minute before turning.
4. Add the rest of your ingredients, vinegar, fish sauce, water, peppercorns and let it simmer for 12 – 15 minutes or until meat is tender and cooked through.
5. When you add the vinegar make sure you do not stir it and let simmer without the cover to properly cook the vinegar.