PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 2 – 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 25 – 45 minutes
½ kilo chicken parts (red meat: thighs, legs, wings, ribs)
½ cup vinegar
6 pcs garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tsp black peppercorns
3 pcs bay leaves
1 ½ cup water
½ cup coconut milk
2 – 3 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tbsp toasted garlic (optional garnish)
1. Combine chicken, soy sauce, half of the crushed garlic, and crushed peppercorn in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a cooking pot on medium heat and saute garlic until light brown.
3. Add the chicken (including all the marinade ingredients) and dried bay leaves. Cook until the chicken browns.
4. Pour vinegar into the pot. Let boil. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes or when vinegar is reduced and thoroughly cooked
5. Pour the coconut milk. Let boil. Cover and simmer until the chicken becomes tender. Note: you can continue cooking until the sauce reduces to your desired consistency.