Home » Adobo Buffalo Wings
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes
1/3 cup soy sauce
2/3 cup sinamak vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 pieces bay leaves
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
600 grams chicken wings, separated into drumettes and wingettes
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a saucepan, add soy sauce, sinamak vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, black pepper and ½ teaspoon brown sugar, and bring to a simmer until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add chicken wings, allowing it to partially cook for 3-4 minutes and absorb adobo flavors. Remove chicken and pat excess liquid away in a plate lined with paper towels. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes and set aside.
3. Continue cooking adobo sauce until it reduces. Add 1 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and butter.
4. In a separate bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Add cornstarch slurry to saucepan and stir adobo sauce until it thickens to a glaze. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder.
2. Dip par-cooked chicken wings in breading until fully covered.
3. In a deep fryer, cook chicken wings until golden brown. Set aside in a plate with paper towels to remove excess oil.
4. In a large bowl, toss together fried chicken wings and adobo sauce glaze. Serve hot!