Home » Adobo Baby Back Ribs With Coconut Calamansi Sauce
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 1 slab
Preparation and cooking time: 1 1/2 hours
1 whole garlic, minced
1 cup coconut cream
1 tablespoon patis
1 tablespoon calamansi
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 piece whole garlic, smashed with skin on
2 small pieces red onion sliced
1/3 cup chicken liver
1 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups pork broth
3 pieces laurel leaves
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons laurel powder
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons honey
Half slab baby back ribs
1. Combine ingredients in a pot and cook until the flavors are combined. Set aside.
1. Saute garlic and onion until fragrant and mushy. Add liver and saute.
2. Pour the soy sauce and vinegar and let it boil, do not mix.
3. Mix in the black pepper, and sugar. Mash the liver.
4. Add the broth and laurel leaves. Simmer and stir until reduced and syrupy. Separate garlic and set aside sauce.
1. Place dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
2. Pour honey onto the ribs and mash the garlic from the glaze all over it. Sprinkle the dry ingredients and rub well. Marinate for 1 hour.
1. Place the ribs in foil and brush with glaze. Seal the foil. Bake in low heat for about an hour.
2. Open the foil and glaze the ribs. Increase heat and let it bake for 15 minutes.
3. Serve with the sauce.