Home » Homemade Flavored Pandesal
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 40 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 3 1/2 hours
1/2 cup lukewarm water
4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup white sugar
2 pieces eggs
4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1/3 cup fresh milk
2 tablespoons finely chopped ube baking bar or ube chocolate
2 tablespoons finely chopped tablea
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped mushrooms
2 tablespoons finely chopped malunggay
1. Place 1/2 cup lukewarm water in a bowl. Add the active dry yeast and 1 teaspoon white sugar. Mix until the yeast is dissolved. Set aside and let it foam to the top and grow in size.
2. In a bowl, cream the butter and the 3/4 cup white sugar. While mixing, add the eggs 1 piece at a time.
3. Slowly add the flour and mix just until incorporated. Add in the yeast and the milk.
4. Separate the dough into four.
5. For each batch, add the following then mix:
– ube baking bar
– tablea and brown sugar
6. Transfer the doughs into greased containers and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm area and cover with towels. Let the doughs rise until double in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
7. Remove the plastic wrap and punch the dough.
8. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
9. Flour a surface and roll into a log. Be careful not to add too much flour and not to knead too much so that the dough will not become too tough. Cut into 1-inch slices and roll in bread crumbs.
10. Place the slices in a baking pan lined with baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm area and cover with a towel. Let it rest for about 45 minutes or until it grows in size.
11. Bake in the oven until golden brown for about 15 minutes. Let it cool.