PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 2 to 3 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
Cooking oil for frying
4 pieces Vigan longganisa, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ onion, minced
1/3 cup virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon red chili flakes
1 tablespoon dried basil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup malunggay leaves
¼ tablespoon butter
½ cup chicken broth
½ lemon, squeezed for juice
250g pack spinach fettucine, cooked and drained
1. In a pan, fry minced vigan longganisa until its natural oils are released. Set aside a small portion for topping later.
2. Add garlic and onions and saute until fragrant.
3. Add virgin olive oil, red chili flakes, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Add fresh parsley.
4. Add cream, malunggay leaves, butter, and chicken broth. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Squeeze lemon over sauce and stir.
6. Scoop sauce over cooked pasta noodles and top with fried longganisa bits. Serve hot!