PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes about 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
1 1/2 kg crabs, washed, scrubbed, and boiled
Tapioca for dredging
Cooking oil for frying
1 head red onion, minced
1 head garlic, minced
1 thumb ginger, grated
1 jar Golden Lava Salted Duck Egg Sauce (click here on how to order)
3 pieces siling labuyo or chili padi*, chopped
2 pieces whole siling labuyo or chili padi
1/4 cup curry leaves
1. Prepare the crabs. Depending on your preference, cut into desired pieces but keep the shell.Set aside.
2. To make the sauce, saute red onion, garlic, and ginger until fragrant.
3. Pour in the Golden Lava Salted Duck Egg Sauce and add the chili padis. Mix until smooth.
4. Mix in the curry leaves until soft and wilt. Set the sauce aside.
5. Dredge the crabs in tapioca flour and deep fry in hot oil over medium-high heat.
6. Drain the excess oil. In a deep pan, mmediately toss the crabs in the Golden Lava sauce to coat.
7. Heat the pan with the crabs and sauce over medium and cover for 7 to 10 minutes until crabs absorb the flavor and spice. Serve hot!
*Chili Padi is a chili variant that’s a bit bigger and less spicy than Siling Labuyo