PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 3-4 servings
Preparation and Cooking Time: 45 minutes
3 pieces cream dory fillet
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup garlic cloves, smashed
¼ cup ginger, grated
1 piece siling labuyo, sliced
¼ cup butter, softened
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
¾ cup miso paste
2 tablespoons calamansi juice
1 tablespoon sesame oil
½ tablespoon olive oil
½ tablespoon sesame oil
2 pieces garlic clove, smashed skin on
1 tablespoon Ginger, sliced and smashed
¼ cup sugar
½ cup Soy sauce
½ cup Mirin
1. Season cream dory fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
2. In a mortar and pestle, pound garlic, ginger, and labuyo into a fine paste. Season with salt and pepper to form spice paste.
3. In a bowl, mix together butter, breadcrumbs, miso paste, spice paste, calamansi juice, and sesame oil until well combined. Spread evenly over fillets.
4. In an oven preheated at 180 degrees Celsius, bake fillets until crust is browned and fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
1. Combine the olive Oil and the sesame Oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and ginger over low heat until aromatic. Remove the garlic and ginger. Add the sugar, soy sauce, and mirin, whisking until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for a few minutes while swirling the pan and reduce to half or until a thick syrup. Adjust taste if necessary.
2. Top baked miso crusted fish with glaze and serve over a bed of bok choy and roasted cherry tomatoes.