PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4-6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
Cooking oil for pan frying
2 cloves garlic, minced
150 grams ground pork
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1/3 cup water
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 piece bay leaf
2 cups kangkong stalks, diced
2 cups kangkong leaves, chopped
1 pack lumpia wrappers
1 egg, beaten
Cooking oil for deep frying
1. Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute garlic until golden. Add ground meat and saute until light brown.
2. Add soy sauce, vinegar, water, ground black pepper, bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
3. Mix in kangkong stalks and cook until soft. Add in chopped kangkong leaves and cook until slightly wilted and the adobo sauce is dry.
4. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
1. Arrange a sheet of lumpia wrapper in a diamond. Place 2 teaspoonfuls of adobo filling and wrap carefully, first folding the bottom corner, the side corners, then roll the lumpia, using the beaten egg as “glue” to secure lumpia wrapper into place.
2. Heat cooking oil in a pot. Deep fry lumpia until golden brown. Set aside to cool on a plate lined with paper towels. Plate and serve!