PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 3-4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 1/2 cups singkamas, sliced into strips
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
1 siling labuyo, seeds removed and sliced into strips
1 1/2 tablespoon salt, divided
2 cups white vinegar
¾ cup white sugar
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon ginger, sliced into strips
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups red cabbage, chopped and blanched
1/8 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/8 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 ½ tablespoon bagoong
1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
½ cup salted egg, chopped
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 teaspoons ketchup
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
8 pieces taco shells
2 cups kesong puti, sliced into cubes
3 pieces vigan longganisa, removed from skin and minced
1. In a bowl, combine singkamas strips, thinly sliced onions and siling labuyo. Add ½ tablespoon salt and toss well.
2. In a saucepan, combine 1 tablespoon salt, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, and ground black pepper.
3. Combine pickle sauce and singkamas/onions/siling labuyo strips until well incorporated. Let it stand for 1 hour to absorb flavor.
1. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients until well incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, and garlic powder. Optional: squeeze a little bit of lemon juice. Set aside mayo sauce.
2. In a saucepan, fry minced vigan longganisa until brown.
3. In a taco shell, stack kesong puti, fried vigan longganisa, ensalada and singkamas atsara. Top with mayo sauce. Serve and enjoy!