PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4-6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
12 pieces chicken fillet skewers
⅓ cup calamansi, halved
¾ cup soy sauce
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup peanut butter
1/2 cup peanuts, roasted and ground
1¾ cup water
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sugar
4 tablespoons annatto oil
1 cup long grain rice, washed
½ tablespoon salt
1. In a wide bowl, squeeze out calamansi juice, then mix in soy sauce, sugar, garlic and pepper until well combined.
2. Place chicken skewers in the bowl, fully covered by the marinade. Refrigerate in the marinade for 2 days.
3. Drain chicken skewers and grill. Regularly baste with marinade until cooked. Set aside.
1. In a pot over medium heat, add peanut butter, ground peanuts, water, soy sauce and sugar. Boil while stirring until thickened. Set aside.
1. Place annatto oil in a pot over medium heat and add washed rice. Heat and stir until rice is fully coated by the annato oil.
2. Pour enough water to cover the rice and add salt then boil until cooked. Remove from heat and allow to steam until dry. Fluff with fork.
3. Serve chicken barbeque with the peanut sauce and java rice, and enjoy with friends or family!