PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4-6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 cup monggo, washed
5 5/8 cups water, divided
200 grams pork liempo, cubed and seasoned with salt and pepper
1/8 cup cooking oil
1 red onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
2 1/2 tablespoons patis
2 cups pork stock
½ cup malunggay leaves, washed
½ cup dahon ng sili, washed
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
½ teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon annato powder
¾ cup alamang
Cooking oil for deep frying
1. In a pot of boiling water (5 cups), cook monggo. Let it cool.
2. Pour cooked monggo in a blender and blend until smooth.
1. In a saucepan with 1/8 cup water, fry pork cubes. Add oil once water has evaporated and cook pork until light brown. Set to one side of the pan.
2. Saute red onion, garlic, and chopped tomatoes in oil. Add patis. Mix all ingredients in the pan together until flavors are well incorporated.
3. Add blended monggo and mix well. Add in pork stock. Bring to a boil.
4. Sprinkle malunggay and dahon ng sili, then mix well.
1. In a bowl, mix cornstarch, flour, pepper, annato powder, fish sauce, and ½ cup water.
2. Add alamang and mix well.
3. In a pan with hot oil, scoop a spoonful of the alamang batter and flatten to desired shape. Deep fry until golden brown on both sides.
4. Blot excess oil and set aside until ready to serve with soup.