PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 mins.
½ cup minced red onions
2¾ cups minced white onions
¼ cup minced garlic
1 kilo camto
1 bottle MAGGI® Oyster Sauce (330 ml)
1 cup calamansi juice
1 pack MAGGI® Magic Sarap®
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon butter
½ tablespoon cornstarch
½ cup water
1. In a bowl, mix MAGGI® Oyster Sauce, calamansi juice, ground black pepper, and ⅓ of MAGGI® Magic Sarap® until well combined.
2. Sprinkle ⅓ of MAGGI® Magic Sarap® onto meat and massage well. Pour oyster sauce mixture over meat and massage well. Add onions with garlic on top to tenderize and marinate for 1 hour. Separate the beef from onions and garlic and set aside.
3. Pat dry the meat and sear in the same pan on high heat until browned on all sides.
4. In another pan over medium heat, sauté the onion mixture in butter and oil until soft and golden. Season with remaining ⅓ of MAGGI® Magic Sarap® and pepper. Set aside.
5. Deglaze the pan with the oyster sauce marinade, bring to a boil then simmer. Return meat to the sauce and allow to cook for a few more minutes then remove and allow to rest. Add the water mixed with cornstarch to thicken. Serve.