PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
⅓ kilo pork belly, cut into cubes
1/2 piece ginger, sliced
½ cup garlic cloves
1/2 cup chopped onions
⅛ cup bagoong alamang
1 1/2 cups coconut cream
1 bundle taro/gabi leaves
1 cup buko juice
1/4 cup sliced daing na labahita
2 pieces siling pangsigang, chopped
2 pieces siling labuyo, chopped
¾ cup toasted pili nuts
3 to 5 cups rotini pasta, cooked
1. Season pork belly with salt and pepper. In a pan over medium-high heat, render the fat. Remove pork oil from pan and set aside.
2. Saute ginger, garlic, and onion in the pork fat. Add bagoong and saute until fragrant.
3. Mix in the coconut cream. Add the gabi/taro leaves, buko juice and daing na labahita.
4. Top with chopped chilies and toasted pili nuts.
5. Cover and let it simmer until well combined and cooked. Add coconut cream if it dries out.
6. Blend the sauce in a food processor. Serve with cooked noodles.