PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 12 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup corn kernels from can, drained
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon warm water
12 pieces store bought puff pastry squares, defrosted
1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 tablespoon white granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees C.
2. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer. Gradually add the cream of tartar until foamy.
3. Gradually add the sugars until the meringue forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
1. In a pot, mix the egg yolks, condensed milk, corn, and vanilla extract. Heat the pot over medium and continue mixing until incorporated.
2. Thicken with the cornstarch and continue mixing. Remove from heat and let it cool.
1. Oil a muffin tray. Place a puff pastry square in each container and cut off the excess. Brush each with melted butter. Sprinkle with white sugar.
2. Spoon about 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling in each puff pastry cup.
3. Top each puff pastry cup with meringue until filled.
4. Bake the muffin tray for about 25 minutes at 250 degrees C with the bottom heat only. Remove once the meringue is brown and puff pastry cups are cooked.