PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 2 servings per variant
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups sushi rice, cooked
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced and toasted garlic
1/2 tablespoon black sesame seeds, toasted
1/3 cup Japanese mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
6 pieces large tortilla wraps (optional: lightly toasted)
6 pieces lettuce leaves
1/4 cup daing na bangus, thinly sliced
1/4 cup tocino, thinly sliced
1/4 cup cooked tapa, thinly sliced
3/8 cup green mangoes, seed removed and diced
3/8 cup tomatoes, diced
3/8 cup onion, diced
3 pieces salted duck egg, diced
1. Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt until well dissolved.
2. In a bowl, add sesame oil, toasted garlic, and toasted sesame seeds with the rice. Pour vinegar solution and combine well. Set aside.
1. Combine all ingredients together until well incorporated. Set aside.
1. In your prep area, lay flat a tortilla wrap. Add the lettuce leaf, half of the cooked rice, then about a tablespoon each of green mangoes, tomatoes, onions, and salted egg.
2. Stack the chopped meat (bangus, tocino, or tapa) on top.
3. Drizzle with sauce.
4. Carefully roll the tortilla wrap. Slice and serve!